CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

ACHTUNG!!!

THIS IS A CHICK ZONE. MALES ARE WELCOME TO READ, BEARING IN MIND THAT “YOU ARE WHAT YOU READ”. PAIRED WITH THE DARWIN’S THEORY OF EVOLUTION, THERE IS , HOWEVER A REMOTE BUT NEED MENTIONING,POSSIBILITY THAT YOU MAY TURN INTO A , WHAT IS THE TERM GUYS LIKE TO USE? AH YES, “PUSSY”, SHOULD YOU HAVE AND OVERDOSE OF THIS BLOG. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT HOLD ANY RESPONSIBILITY SHOULD ANY MALE START LOOSING HAIR ON THEIR CHESTS OR START GROWING BREASTS. HOWEVER, THE BIGGER PROBABILITY RESULTING FROM READING AUNTIE DOT’S RUBBISH, WOULD BE THAT MALES WILL HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF FEMALES…(WELL, AT LEAST THE ONES ENTERING THE MENOPAUSING AGES) OR NOT..WHO'S TO KNOW WITH WOMEN ANYWAY….IT WOULD BE A REMARKABLE ACHIEVEMENT, UNDERSTANDING WOMEN THAT IS, SINCE WE WOMEN HAVE A TOUGH TIME UNDERSTANDING OURSELVES TOO…
MyHotComments.com
Well, I feel young, does that count?MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments.com

VIDEO OF THE MONTH

Monday, July 2, 2012

It's time...

I still remember the first day of school. She was for the first time, clad in a uniform and with her stick thin figure (it's genetics on both side of the parent), looked like she was swimming in it. I could still remember the pang I felt in my heart as I watched her walk into the class room,and I remember I talked to my late hubby, underneath my breath, "Jaan, look at her go..she's so cute. I wish you were here with me to witness our child's first day of school". Even as I'm writing this now, I could still feel the pang, at the same spot. And I thought it had healed. It should have, but it never did.

I remember she came out looking annoyed, and scolded me, "Ummi, you forgot to register me earlier!!!" Imagine, getting scolded by your own daughter on her first day of school!! Twelve years, 3 major examination with successes and tons of expletives thrown on the road driving to and back from school later, it was time for her to fly. She is all grown up now. There was even an attempt to tutor her mother on how to get the guys to go out on a date. (obviously the mother is very good at keeping secrets of how she can get the man with a snap of her fingers....only problem there were no man that could match up to her expectations). I sometimes wonder if all mothers feel the way I feel about my child. I feel more blessed than I do proud of her. I could not have done it without the help of God.

I knew that this day would come. It was time. In a way, I was looking forward to this. She would go out there into the world armed with all the upbringing I had equipped her with and I will be able to pick up where I left being single again. But things will never be the same. Being single again somehow do not seem as fantastic as I would imagine it will be. I miss her. But I know that I will have to be strong and learn to let her fly. This is her time. She needs to go out there and learn to make her own mistakes, hopefully learn from them and become wise.

And love should allow me to stay back and not intervene of course unless necessary. Love is not about being selfish. Even the other animal kingdom knows when it is time to let go. I am waiting for the day when she will finally soar.......

Fly my little starling......Ummi's just behind you, watching and guarding, behind the veils of love....go make us proud...

No comments: